What Makes A Diet Successful?
With hundreds of diets to choose from, how do you know which one will work for you?There are five key components to look for.
A Healthy Diet Should Offer...
1. Structure: Diets that provide structured meal plans and grocery lists significantly improve weight loss compared to standard treatment programs. (One study showed that groups of dieters given specific foods to eat lost up to 50% more weight and maintained, in one year, 100% more weight loss than dieters in standard treatment options.)
2. Balanced Nutrition: When reducing calories, it is important to make sure you are getting good nutrition. This would include:
- Appropriate levels of vitamins and minerals
- Low fat foods
- Lots of vegetables and fruits
3. Low-calorie, Protein-controlled Weight Loss Foods: In a culture where high-fat, high-calorie foods are so readily available you need quick, easy and healthy alternative to help you lose and then maintain your new weight.
4.Physical Activity: Physical activity is the number one predictor for success in healthy weight management. Physical activity:
- Speeds up weight loss
- Increases your sense of control over your diet
- Improves health and manages stress
5. Maintenance Skills: The skills you practice during the diet will be the same skills you will need to continue practicing after the diet is over.
Professional Weight Control Plans Offer...
1.Structure: You can:
- Make fewer decisions about food choices by using High Protein Shakes and Entrees
- Build weight loss momentum
- Easily plan your days to avoid surprises that can sabotage a diet
2. Balanced Nutrition is Built Into Our Diets: Just follow the plan--no need to calculate calories, fat grams, or nutrient levels. Our diets are specifically formulated to meet the highest nutritional profile for the fewest calories. In many cases the diet menus exceed the USRDA for nutrients and minerals.
3.Portion-controlled Shakes and Entrees Provide Extremely Satisfying, Nutritious, Low-calorie Food Options:
- Great taste
- Easy to use
4.Physical Activity is Critical:
- Daily physical activity plans are easy to follow
- Plans can be customized
- Progress at your own pace
5. We Introduce You to the Skills You Will Need for Long-term Weight Maintenance:
- Eating more vegetables and fruits
- Increasing physical activity
- Creating a low-fat, low-calorie food environment